Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Long, Cold Winter

Hi everybody, It is good to be back! This winter has been, for various professional and personal reasons, a very odd season. I have been obviously distracted from the hobby as I have dealt with both fantastic and difficult circumstances these past six months. Things seem to be sorted at the moment and I am returning to a life that will not only be happy, but filled with plenty of time available to once again pursue this hobby that I enjoy so much.

I hope the handful of readers that I had before my abrupt departure are still around and that you are still well. I'll be visiting your blogs and checking up on your progress over the next few days. ;) As much as I have missed painting and gaming, I have missed interacting with the community just as much. Time for me to get caught up.

I have been  back at the painting table working again on my Roman Republic army while listening to the Ancient Warfare podcast. That is some good inspiration! Below is a WIP of four Roman principes that are nearly complete (figures by Aventine).


12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Lovely work on those Aventines....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, just mentioned you had not posted for ages on my blog. Will go back and alter the post now :-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on the Principes! They really look like they know business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, still around. Good to have you back. Nice looking Romans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back. Club will be diving into 15mm ancients soon, always great inspiration on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, good to see the Aventine Principes coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back Jonathan. I was actually worried about you. LotR is picking up at the shop again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me join the chorus and say I'm very happy to hear you're back. And your Romans are looking splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks to everybody stopping by and saying hi... it is good to see you all again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jonathan,
    Glad to see you are back. I have really enjoyed reading through your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award.
    Jonathan
    http://jjwargames.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete