Monday, June 3, 2013

A Hastatus of the Roman Republic

This is a completed Hastatus for my Republican Roman army. I have been carrying this color scheme in my head for quite a long time now, and I thought I had better finish up a single figure before getting too much further on the rest of the units to be certain that the colors would work well together. I really like how it turned out, especially the way the gold contrasts beautifully with the darker colors.

The photos were taken with a brand new Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro lens that I picked up earlier today. I should be able to get some very nice photos of my painted models and games with this lens. I'm still learning it, but so far I love it!

Colors used:
  Vallejo: Flat Flesh
  Vallejo: Dark Red
  Vallejo: Burnt Cadmium Red
  Vallejo: Vermillion
  Vallejo: Old Gold
  Vallejo: Bronze
  Vallejo: Burnt Umber
  Citadel: Lich Purple
  Citadel: Chainmail
  Citadel: Abaddon Black




11 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Look forward to seeing a unit of these Aventine Hastati.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those reds are awesome, deep and vibrant, not chalky or pink. I think I'm stealing your paint picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed - the colour scheme works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very nice, love your red colors!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The burgundy on the shield is rather nice!

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I like those deep reds. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody, I do appreciate the comments and it is nice to hear that others think the colors turned out so well. I'm really looking forward to getting some complete units of these guys completed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! You have a winning combination there Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete