Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Miniatures Everywhere and Not a One to Paint

What is supposed to be beautiful spring weather has instead been a week of blizzards, bitter winds and freezing temperatures. I had the best intentions to get several small items primed for painting early this week including the ancient buildings, a beautiful Carthaginian officer on horse and a Celt or two - but alas, I am left with nothing to paint until the weather improves later this week. I find myself wandering up to the painting table like a sad puppy.

The good news is the Republican Romans should be arriving any day now, so that will give me plenty to do. I have also ordered eight really fabulous Steampunk miniatures that I am getting excited to paint as the beginnings of an independent adventuring company for In Her Majesty's Name. More on those when they arrive....

2 comments:

  1. Which ones have you ordered?
    The first four companies, sculpted by Steve Saleh, are so magnificent I am actually nervous about laying paint on them in case I cover up any of the fine details...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I am really looking forward to the game. My plan is to create my own company (from what I understand you can do that) - and so I didn't start with any of the four sculpted specifically for the game but I'm sure I will pick them up eventually.

      I have ordered some of the Victorian Sci-Fi figures by Ratnik.

      Delete